- Built-in Flashlight enables you to work in the dark
Easy to read AVOmeter allows you to read voltage, current and resistance at the fingertip
Performs every type of service including power injection, measurement, ground testing, polarity checks, continuity testing and components activation
With a flip of the power switch, you have an instant hot/ground lead for powering up electrical components like cooling fans, relays, etc.
Simultaneously uses the hot lead and the ground lead to activate components right in your hand
- Autel PS100 circuit tester contain 20ft (extendable) cable provides excellent accessibility to test along the vehicle
Why Buy Autel PowerScan PS100?
Autel PowerScan PS100 is the best electrical tester for reducing diagnostic time in all 6- to 30-volt vehicle electrical systems. After a simple hook-up of the tool to the vehicle's battery, you can:
1. Determine at a glance if a circuit is positive, negative, or open without having to reconnect clips from one battery pole to another.
Test for continuity with its built-in auxiliary ground lead.
2. By depressing the power switch, conduct a positive or negative battery current to the probe tip for testing the function of an electrical component without the use of jumper wires.
3. Test for poor ground contacts instantly without performing voltage drop tests. The tool is also short-circuit protected; its internal circuit breaker will trip if it becomes overloaded.
4. PS100 follow and locate short circuits without wasting fuses. The tool's long cable allows you to test along the entire length of the vehicle without constantly searching for suitable vehicle grounds.
Aitel PowerScan PS100 is the most revolutionary circuit tester to date. Featuring AVOmeter, test light, built-in flashlight, short circuit indicator, relay/ component tester, continuity tester and bad ground indicator, the PowerScan is truly the ultimate in power and affordability, allowing users to check circuitry in one single step. An absolute must for every technician looking for a fast and accurate solution to electrical system diagnostics.
Feature and Functions:
- Performs every type of service including power injection, measurement, ground testing, polarity checks, continuity testing and components activation
- Easy to read AVOmeter allows you to read voltage, current and resistance at the fingertip
- With a flip of the power switch, you have an instant hot/ground lead for powering up electrical components like cooling fans, relays, etc.
- Simultaneously uses the hot lead and the ground lead to activate components right in your hand
- Instantly identifies positive, negative and open circuits
- Tests for bad ground contacts instantly, allowing you to follow and locate shorts fast without wasting fuses
- Instantly checks continuity of switches, relays and diodes
- Circuit breaker protected
- Built-in Flashlight enables you to work in the dark
- Audio tone indicator allows for no-look menu scrolling once users are familiar with menu tone assignment
- 20ft (extendable) cable provides excellent accessibility to test along the vehicle
- Extremely easy to use and highly reliable
Autel PowerScan PS100 Work Mode:
There are four modes to diagnose the electrical systems, which can be accessed by depressing the Mode Button and cycling through each one.
While the tool in this mode, contact the probe tip to a circuit, then the LCD display will read the DC voltage with a resolution of 0.1 volt.
While the tool in this mode, contact the probe tip to a circuit, then the LCD display will read the Max. voltage, the Min. voltage, frequency and duty cycle.
While the tool in this mode, contact the probe tip to a circuit, then the LCD display will read the resistance between the tip and auxiliary ground lead.
While the tool in this mode, just do a quick press of the mode button to toggle the tone on or off. While quickly pressing (a quick press and release) the mode button, if a short high beep is heard, this means the audio tone is turned on. If a short low beep is heard, the audio tone is turned off.
This function is invaluable when working in bright areas where LED illumination alone is not sufficient. The audio feature may be disengaged when desired, such as for applications where the tool will be connected to circuits for long periods of time and the audio could become annoying.
Power Switch replacement procedure:
Remove the worn switch with a pry tool. Be careful when applying force.
Make sure to install the switch straight and press until flush with casing
Autel PowerScan PS100 FAQ:
- Is the PowerScan Probe Tester computer and air bag safe?
The tool LED and LCD pull no more than 1 milliamp of current,therefore when using it as a test light or multimeter it is computer and airbag safe. However, pressing the power switch is a different story. When you press the switch forward, you are conducting full battery current to the tip of the probe. There is a nice safety feature built into the tool. Simply connect the extra ground lead to the tool and press the power switch forward until it trips the circuit breaker.This will prevent power from going to the tip but still allow you to use the tool as a multimeter. When you are away from computer components, simple press the reset button and you are ready to power up again.
- Why do I have no power at the tip when I am pressing the power switch forward but the red LED is on?
The power switch goes through a lot. It is one of the few things that go wrong with the tool. The switch is a consumable that needs to be replaced on occasion. We have made it real simple to not only change it but also buy a new switch. The switch can be snapped out and replaced in seconds. You can buy switches from your Autel authorized tool supplier. The tool with the Rocker Switch slots makes it easy to replace a worn switch in the field without having to send it in for repair.Autel PowerScan PS100 Display:
① Probe Tip--Contacts the circuit or component to be tested.
② Head Lights--Illuminates dark work areas or work areas at night.
③ Red/Green Polarity Indicator--Indentifies positive,negative or open circuits.The RED Indicator lights when the Probe Tip is contacting a positive circuit. The GREEN Indicator lights when the Probe Tip is contacting a negative circuit.
④ LCD Display –Indicates test results.
⑤ Circuit Breaker Reset – Resets the tool when the Circuit Breaker is tripped.
⑥ Power Switch – Allows you to conduct a positive or negative battery current to the tip for activating and testing the function of electrical components.
⑦ Mode Button – Selects the work mode: AC voltage, DC voltage, resistance, tone.
⑧ Speaker – When the audio tone is turned on, a beep will be heard.
⑨ Auxiliary Ground Lead – Assists test as a ground lead.
⑩ Adaptor – Connects to the battery.
Display: TFT color display (160 x 128 dpi)
Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
External Power: 12.0 or 24.0 V power provided via vehicle battery
1pc x PS100 main unit
1pc x Probe Tip
1pc x 20ft. Externsion cable
1pc x Cigarette lighter adapter
1pc x Battery hookup clips
1pc x User Manual
1pc x Rugged blow molded case